Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This last week was really busy, but also a lot of fun. For me, it was filled with thoughts of the Savior, which I'm embarrassed to admit, is not always the case with me for Easter. On Wednesday, I got asked to speak for Sunday, and I am really grateful that I was, because it made me focus more on the Savior all week and because of that, it was a great week.

On Wednesday evening, we took our youth group to the Mesa Easter Pageant for Mutual, and we all really enjoyed it. I hadn't been since we first moved here, probably around five years ago. I think we'll take the kids next year. They would have liked it this year, but we just couldn't find the time.

On Thursday, I had a Quarterly RS activity to go to that was fabulous. It was focused more on Relief Society, of course, but I really felt the spirit there and came away with new perspective.

On Friday, we headed up to Pine area to stay with some friends at their cabin. The kids had a blast, of course, roaming around and playing with their friends. It was so nice to get away and relax and laugh. We were having so much fun, that I barely took any pictures! On Saturday morning, we had a little Easter egg hunt for the kids. The kids had fun looking for eggs, and then proceeded to stuff their faces back inside.
Yes, Levi was a pirate for the weekend. He wore his pirate hat and Jonah's church belt over his shirt. The kid's pretty creative when in comes to accessories! Oh, yeah, and here's a picture of Levi's costume for Tuesday and Wednesday- a policeman. This is his stern look. On Thursday, Levi was C3-PO, but since we don't have a costume for him, he just walked around like him, with his stomach sticking out and his arms out to the sides. What a kid!
On Sunday, I spoke in church, and then the rest of the day was truly a day of rest! We were so busy that morning though, that I forgot to take pictures of the kids, who all looked beautiful, by the way! You'll have to take my word for it. We took naps, lounged around, and the kids wrestled. Levi nearly got his arm pulled out of the socket by Eden. At least in this video you can see Eden's hairdo for church:


I hope you all had a great Easter! We are all so grateful for the Savior and everything he did for us so we can be together after this life.

5 comments:

Camie said...

Oh, I am dying to get away somewhere for a little r and r. I'm trying to convince Chad to take off this weekend for a quick family retreat, but I don't know that I've convinced him yet. Looks like you had a good time and I bet your talk was amazing.

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I am dissapointed there are no Easter morning pictures!! I would post church pics but my kids don't wear something special every year like yours. Glad you had a good weekend though.

Amanda said...

Okay, I totally laughed when I saw the pirate hat! Love it. I'm glad you had a nice Easter!

Vicki said...

That Levi is a kick!! Love the "stern look"...I guess you need one of those if you're going to be a policeman :)
Jonah's Vans are awesome!!

Sharee Gariety said...

Eden's hair is awesome, Connie! Glad you guys had such a nice Easter.