It bugs me when...
In church, the teacher says, "Get out your Book of Mormon" and everyone gets out their phones.
My kids completely ignore me and walk away when I ask them to do something.
I accidentally pick up a phone call from a telemarketer and it says, "Please hold. A caller will be with you shortly." What? YOU called ME! I'm not holding!
My kids are completely quiet until I get on the phone, then they all are as loud as possible.
People say "ex-specially."
My kids take off their shoes and socks in the car on the way home from church and I forget to take them out and my car smells like feet.
I smile when...
I hear my kids giving their toys a "time-out."
I see carved pumpkins on the porch.
My kids sing in the car.
People ask if any of my kids are twins.
Levi asks for a "chipmunk kiss."
My kids run for the door when they hear the garage open, signaling daddy's home.
10 comments:
I don't know why but the scriptures on your phone thing really bugs me too. Great list!
Yep, I like to call them phone-y scriptures :)
I need to do one of these list so I can vent and then remind myself of all my blessings. Thanks for sharing.
Completely agree! Have a great Halloween Connie!!!
I don't think I could EVER put my scriptures on my phone....actually, I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. Cute "smile" list.
ex pecially really bugs me too. And, I hate it when people say Wa-la instead of Voila. Hello people. get it right.
I love it when my kids play boggle and I hear them giving each other points for made up words. I'm sure they think they're real words. I also love it when Paige sings pop songs with a little bit of sassiness. . . like she's a real pop star. She would never do that in front of anyone but us.
I hear you with the phone calls. The house is still and as soon as you pick up the phone...MAYHEM!
Great list!
Ok, I have to admit that I'm guilty of having the e-scriptures on my iPod. In my defense, it got started when Andee was in the bishopric and I had to lug a newborn and his diaper bag and usually some of Andee's stuff) all around church by myself. A lot of times I would leave my scriptures at home because I couldn't handle the extra weight. But when I put them on my iPod, problem solved. It's probably a lame excuse, but that's how I got into it.
it seems that you and I have been bugged about ex_ pecially for years! When someone would happen to say it, you and I would make eye contact and try not to crack a smile...now when someone says it I look around for someone to secretly laugh with and no one gets it. Every time I hear it I think of you and smile...i'm pretty sure that's the only thing on my list of can'ts- I just can't be with a guy who says especially. Ha ha
Love this post! I like venting. Keeps things real. :) I think it's also really helpful to appreciate the little things as well! Maybe I'll make up my own list! :)
Great post. I have been thinking about doing a post about all my pet-peeves, but it is a pretty long list and I know that some people that read my blog do things that bug me so i have not been brave enough...isn't that horrible? Love your post. Love your blog. And loved seeing your beautiful family last week. Sorry we did not ever get to sit and talk. I was so tired from the week long trip and just trying to keep my kids happy while Danny manned the grill. Good thing we have blogs to have short and sweet-child free communication :)
Post a Comment