
A while ago we ripped out the ugly and nearly dead plants in our front yard in front of our window. We replaced them with two gardenia bushes. I love gardenias- they smell so good! And when we got back from the fair, I noticed a yummy smell near our front door so I went over to see if the bushes had bloomed- YES! There are tons of other little buds ready to bloom too! I am in heaven!


I swear this new fabric softener I got smells so gross! The clothes come out smelling like someone smoked pot in them! Not that I would know
how that smells- but they smell like Hot Topic. Yuck! I don't want to dump out a whole $5 bottle, but I don't know how much longer I can take the smell!
I am always making fun of my sister for sniffing her kids' diapers to check if they need to be changed. I could never do that- even though I deal with poopy pants every day, I don't want to smell it any more than I have to! Some people check by feeling the kid's bum and squishing the diaper. To me, this just potentially squishes the poop out of the diaper and into the kid's pants. That's why I am a peeker. I peek down the back, and if I can't tell anything from that, I will peek into the legs of the diaper.
So what do you do? Are you a sniffer, squisher, or peeker? Or do you just pretend to ignore the nasty smell until someone else notices and changes the kid?
11 comments:
Probably a peeker, but sometimes and avoider. You know, waiting around for hubby to change them. But, it's official, I am no longer the parent of a child who wears diapers! This is a monumental feat and the happiest time in my life!
Geez, lately I can't spell. And it bugs me because I'm very particular about spelling and punctuation. Ahhhh!
LOL, I try to peek. but if the onsie gets in the way sometimes I break down and smell. ewww..
yep, I'm the sniffer. It works like a charm and I guess I don't mind the smell of my kids' poop too much to do it. I was a peeker at one point but was finding that I couldn't see down in there as good as I needed to, so that's when I became a sniffer. I am not an ignorer, I change them as soon as I know their poopy. If I don't want to I make Shar do it.
I can smell them without getting close to them! I guess I am a sniffer. Although this last week, when they were all here, I accidentally became a feeler, and I don't mean OUTSIDE of the pants. My kids about threw up!
haha...how did we get from gardenias to poopy diapers???? I think I've done them all. I couldn't tell you what I'm more prone to do.
I'm a sniffer...in nursery when I smell something ripe I crawl around and smell until I find the lucky kid. Sometimes I get a little more than I bargain but for me I'm willing to smell it rather than see it or touch it...
haha. I'm still laughing over the Hot Topic comment.
SERIOUSLY.
p.s. I'm definitely a peeker too.
The only time I squish is to see how much pee is in the diaper and if I can get another hour or so out of it! Pathetic.
I'm a sniffer, but I do it over the clothing, you can always tell.
I bought a new laundry detergent about a month ago that I realized had a weird, strong smell! I'm still using it because I didn't want to waste money!
Ohhh, I love gardenia's! So I have been a big blog slacker lately, I look at your randomly through Kayleens, if you don't mind I wanna put a link on mine so I can remember to check it out more... I hardley ever blog hop anymore, just look at my list and check out who's updated... not like I don't have plenty of time on my hands, haha.
Post a Comment