Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

R.G.I.T.M.B.

My friend, Leah, has a series of posts she calls T.I.M.H. (Thoughts In My Head). I have a lot of random thoughts here and there, and thought I would create a similar thread. Welcome to Random Glimpses Into a Tired Mommy's Brain. (I know it's a long title- I'm open to suggestions, just leave a comment.) These are the things that people who converse all day long with toddlers think about.

1. In the Disney animated movie, Cinderella, the gown that fairy godmother makes for Cinderella is a sparkly white/silver combo. Why is she always portrayed wearing a baby blue version of the dress?

2. Why do they call the lion "king of the jungle," when lions don't live in the jungle, but on the savanna? I would think maybe the tiger would be king of the jungle...

3. Remember when there were light brown M&Ms instead of blue ones?

4. I really trip out over the phrase "the bigger half." I know it's just an oxymoron, but I seriously start this conversation to myself whenever I hear it:

"If it's a half, it's equal, so there's no bigger half!"

"But on the other hand, how often do you cut a sandwich perfectly in half?"

"Oh, shut up, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BIGGER HALF!!!"

I really am crazy...

5. Every once in a while I realize that the Southern Hemisphere is having opposite seasons than us and trip out on that for a while.

6. Why do the kids prefer to play with pots and pans, trash, old (or current) cell phones, and my books, when they have sooo many of their own toys?

13 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

So true - all of it! And, I've always wondered about the Cinderella thing too? What's with the blue?

Karen Dick said...

Hilarious, I've totally wondered about Cinderella, too.

Lexie & Sharrid said...

yeah about the southern hemisphere, so weird cause their Christmas is hot weather. Shar told me about that one time. I don't think they do the whole Santa thing...is that what he said? Anyhoo, weird...

{leah} said...

How about T.R.C.O. Tired Ramblings Coming Out.

I thought about the whole king of the jungle thing too. Doesn't makes sense... to go along with that. Why, in the Wizard of Oz are they worried about "Lions, Tigers, and Bear (oh my)"When those things don't live near each other, not even close! AND they way the set ws you would think a bear would come tromping out not a lion. I better stop before I go crazy....

dana said...

I miss the light brown M&Ms and remember when the Red ones were "bad" for us to eat?

I always think the Southern Hemisphere is crazy that way. It's sunny hot on Christmas day for them! Oh wait, maybe it's that way in AZ too...? :)

Kristie said...

I like your idea, and your title. You are too funny Connie. I often have some similar thoughts, who wouldn't when you are surrounded by kids all day? Oh and about the sandwich half thing- I can never cut anything exactly equal. So you could say give me the larger side of the sandwich, instead of half. Ü

Julie said...

Ha ha ha! All so true. I have also wondered that about Cinderella and the M&Ms and the pots and pans. Just stop buying toys and buy kitchen stuff instead. You'd have the happiest kids and the fanciest kitchen to boot.

Camie said...

Godd questions! I don't have kids, so I obviously never thought much about the Cinderella dress, but that really bugs me now that I think about it! And I totally forgot about the light brown M&M's, which is sad, because they used to be my favorite.

Something that really wigs my brain out about the southern hemisphere is that the WATER IN YOUR TOILET GOES THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION WHEN YOU FLUSH. I understand why it happens, but it still plays with my brain.

And another thing, are we the only counrty that uses our type of outlet? I think it's rediculous that we have to take adapters to work a curling iron in any other place in the world. Can't the UN do something about that?!

Tibi said...

Haha this is all funny! True stuff!

Sharee Gariety said...

Hilarious. You are not crazy. Or maybe we are all crazy. I have random tired mom thoughts all the time. I think they are pretty entertaining, actually.

Kayleen said...

These are great things to ponder. I don't think your mommy brain is so tired after all. I find that I don't even ponder anymore. I think the pondering part of my brain may be gone forever. . . and, I've never heard of the bigger half. . . just the better half. Am I a spaz?

Michaela said...

haha, this is funny. i like this post. keep it up. it's entertaining and things.

Jason & Claire said...

How is it that I've never noticed Cinderella's dress? You're right. That's going to bug me every time I see a Cinderella doll.