Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On Miscarrying

Well, I guess the kids knew more about the pregnancy than I thought. Last Sunday, Jonah asked me if the little tiny baby growing inside me was getting bigger. I had to explain to him that when I went to the hospital to see the doctors, I found out that the baby was sick and died. I was surprised that when I told this to Jonah, he started crying. He was really upset. I told him that there's no longer a baby inside me, but that Dad and I were going to try again and have a baby that isn't sick. I hugged him and cried a little too. I guess I've learned that even though my kids act like they aren't listening, they really are. I need to see them as people, not just kids. Eden came over and I told her about the baby too. She was sad but she also understood.

I am doing better than I thought I would with the miscarriage. Before I had had a miscarriage, I wondered how I would be able to get through something like that. It's kind of different when you have to get through it. I think my circumstances have made it easier to deal with, but also the fact that I still know that Heavenly Father is behind me on this. I have definitely felt prompted that another spirit is waiting to join our family, and even though I lost this one, I still think that it will happen.

Thanks so much to my friends and family for your well-wishes, emails, and comments. I really appreciate the love and support. I have been able to not dwell on the loss, but when someone expresses their condolences, I think about it a little more and allow myself to get a little sad, which I think is good. I have a follow-up with my doctor this Thursday and hopefully I will know more about when we can try again. In the meantime, I have lots to keep my mind busy.

9 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Oh poor Jonah, he's so sweet. He is almost 6, he's old enough to understand a lot now. Jonah has always seemed younger than he really is to me though so I could understand.

I LOVE the new overheards, those are hilarious...EDEN!

Amanda said...

It's so wonderful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, isn't it? Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to try again (I wouldn't think you'd have to)! I'm glad you're doing okay. :)

Vicki said...

Sweet, sensitive Jonah. These kids are closer to the spirit than we give them credit. Another testament that you DO have "special" children...

Becky said...

So sorry.

Michaela said...

Sweet Jonah. Mom is right. :)

Saw Dust and Splinters said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Anna said...

It's amazing how sensitive kids can be. What a sweetheart Jonah is. Thank goodness for the gospel in times like this. I'm glad you are doing better than you thought. :) Please let us know if you need anything.

Nicole said...

Connie I am so sorry for your loss. I have experience this myself, more than once and it is hard. Your kids are amazing, what sweet hearts & yes, so close to the Spirit. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Elisha said...

Connie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! You are so strong and have such a great attitude about it! You have such a special family!