Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Stuff

I can't believe how soon school starts. Eden starts in 3 weeks and Jonah starts two weeks after that. I'm pretty sure it'll go by quickly.

I have five cousins who are getting married this year (well, one in January)! Two of the five are sisters and the other three are all brothers! I really want to attend all of the weddings, but unfortunately I am going to have to miss some. I am so excited for all of them though. So congratulations to Josh, Randon, Jaden, Stephanie, and Heather!

Amare is no longer a Sun. I'm pretty sad about that. I'm sure he'll do good with the Knicks, but I will miss seeing him with Steve Nash.

I am finding lots of white hairs lately! I am really trying to hold off dyeing my hair, but if I pluck many more white hairs out, I will not have much hair left. Getting older sucks!

We just got back from our family reunion in Oceanside,CA and it was a lot of fun. Another post to follow. California is cursed whenever I come. Even when I was a kid, it would be freezing cold every time I went down there to visit, and this last weekend was no exception! It was pretty interesting weather for summer- around 65 degrees with some light wind. I was freezing!

My little sister, Tibi, is coming to visit me soon! She has been coming down for a few weeks in the summer for few years now, and I really look forward to it.

Today while I was recovering from my vacation, I wasted a lot of time on You Tube and found some great stuff.

Kira and Lexie might remember this movie. I loved this movie as a kid- It's called Rose Petal Place and Marie Osmond sings for the main character. Remember the bad lady was a big ugly black widow? I couldn't find any other clips of this movie, but I did find a few copies on Ebay and I will be buying one!


I totally had one of these HuggaBunch dolls.


And this is just a mix of a bunch of '80s commercials. There are some good ones in there, especially My Buddy! Ha ha, the '80s were awesome and CHEESY!

2 comments:

Camie said...

I remember watching Rose Petal Place too.

I'm also trying to figure out when I should start highlighting my hair to cover the gray. I've been putting it off for quite awhile (I'm not looking forward to the commitment it will take) but now I think it time to start, especially since one of the first things Lisa said to me at the cabin was "wow Camie, you've got some gray hairs!" Good ol' Lisa, as blunt and honest as ever :)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Those Hugga whatever dolls are ugly! I probably would remember that Petal show but I didn't really remember it just from that clip.

The commercials were great! Too bad Double mint wasn't on there. My Buddy I remember seeing those all the time, then they came out with the girl, whatever her name was.

I figured Amar'e would be traded, he's my age and has been with the Suns since HS, 8 years...it just sucks he leaves right when we were in really good position to try for a championship. If they don't replace him with someone really good, we'll probably have a losing season. I think he's pretty irreplacable. New York has sucked forever and even back in the 80's and 90's, they could never get over the Bulls, so it's really great for their franchise. There are still a lot of good players unsigned out there, we'll see where they all end up...but wherever Amer'e goes, he's always my favorite player! Ever.