Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

"Back to the Grind"

My mom always uses that phrase. Another Mom-ism, guys☺

Actually, I am loving the structure now that the kids are back to school. After a few weeks of major slacking, I went back to the gym this morning and thanks to my vacation from working out, I am barely going to be able to walk for a few days. That, and I didn't stretch as well as I should have. Don't yell at me, Lexie!

I am also loving the quality one-on-one time I am getting with my baby. Well, he'll be two soon, but he's still my baby. Am I making you want to gag? I am such a hypocrite; I used to hate when moms called their youngest their "baby" when the kid clearly wasn't a baby anymore. Oh, well. We are having tons of fun. Levi is growing up so fast. Doesn't he look so big in this picture?
I guess Levi doesn't like his alone time with me as much as I do. He's always asking where Jonah and Eden went.

And this guy loves to sing!


We have had a few owies too. Eden bit through her lip a couple of weeks ago, but she was a real trouper. She sat there putting ice on it the whole time. It healed up pretty quickly, actually.And today, I canned peaches for the first time! And all by myself too! I freaked out a little during the first batch, but by the second batch, I felt a lot more comfortable. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Next up are pears, pear sauce, and blackberry pie filling.
Don't the peaches look so pretty?
Sometime soon I need to start on the Halloween costumes. Jonah's skeleton costume will be based off this pricey version from Pottery Barn Kids:I still can't decide if Eden should be Cinderella or a witch. She has been going back and forth between the two. Vote on the poll on the sidebar to help us decide. Poor Levi is going to be a pirate, one of Jonah's hand-me-down costumes. That kid will probably never get a costume that Jonah hasn't worn before.

8 comments:

dana said...

Good job on the peaches. I'm impressed!
and that costume is totally Karate Kid to me! Funny and cute.

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Levi looks JUST like you did!! 100%. You need to do a post of pictures of him and you at that age, and let everyone see! ha ha Levi is talking more and more and think about it, soon you won't have anyone in the family who can't talk. Those kids seem more and more like triplets the older they get. Love this post, had fun with you tonight.

AND, you have got to stretch WELL if you want the good results! Spend the extra 3 minutes! Let the oxygen get to your muscles!

Vicki said...

Enjoy the quality time while it lasts. Good for you on your canning. See, you ARE supermom! (ditto on the Lexie's stretching comment...)

BallerinaBiker said...

The peaches look beautiful! And, wow, I can't believe how big Levi is! I'm sure the skeleton costume will turn out awesome! You are so crafty and talented!

Camie said...

mmmm...those peaches look divine. I'm jealous. I really need to get my hands on some. Right now I've got tomatoes coming out of my ears, but they are no where near as appealing as your yummy peaches.

Michaela said...

Levi is such a little MAN now! And poor Eden.. That looks painful. Hope it doesn't scar! That's great that you're getting some time with Levi. Poor kid, getting all the hand me downs. Haha. And I don't know what Eden should be. Both of those things are great ideas. The question is what are YOU and PETER going to be?

jhoopes said...

What a fun post! Cute little Levi. Congrats on the peaches--they do look beautiful. Ali is going to be a witch this year b/c last year she was Cinderella and I'm a little excited for the change, I must admit. Emmy is in the same boat as Levi--she is going to be whatever Ali was at this age! :)

Glenna said...

I'm totally impressed you canned your peaches! I am still intimidated at the idea of canning. There's an enrichment on that in a couple weeks, so maybe I'll be brave and try it. Poor Eden! Yikes, that looks painful. I confess I still call ALL my children my babies from time to time. To me, it doesn't mean they are still infants, its just a term of endearment! I hope I don't disgust everyone with that, but if I do, oh well. I think it's cute! And, once again, I'm impressed you are so on-the-ball with Halloween! I haven't even given costumes a thought yet!