Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Update Time

This afternoon I had the last appointment with the preschool people to find out the results of their testing and see if she made it into the program. (I'll talk about that later.)

So I got the kids in the car so I could take the boys to a neighbor's house, when I saw a dead baby bird on my driveway. It was tiny with no feathers; it must have fallen out of a nest somewhere. It was so sad and a little gross, but I scooped it up with a paper cup and threw it in the trash in the backyard. Then when I went to get in the car, the kids had locked me out. My purse and keys were in the car, so there was nothing to do but bang on the window and embarrass myself in front of the whole neighborhood. I think Jonah thought that it was funny because he did not promptly unlock the door. Well when he did, he got the lecture of a lifetime. I admit I went a little overboard, but I was worried and it was 100 degrees outside, probably hotter inside the car. Well, he started crying and I realized that I was too hard on him and said I was sorry and hugged him. In some ways I am becoming like my dad. I remember him blowing up and then apologizing later.

Anyway, we went to the appointment and I found out that Eden made it into the program! Woo hoo! I am really excited because they can probably get the same schedule and ride the bus together. Eden is eligible immediately but because school is out in like a week, she'll start in July when the school year commences.

It will be so weird to have two kids gone. I remember when I had all three in diapers! This must be what it feels like to be normal and space your kids out.

Anyway, she is so excited. Yesterday Jonah was late to school so I had to take him through the front office. Eden was with me and I let her hang out a few minutes before we left. When it was time to go, she was so mad that she couldn't stay, she screamed bloody murder all the way down the long hallway and was still screaming when we got home. She has been talking about going to school nonstop so I'm really glad I won't have to deal with her reaction to not going!

7 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I worry about having three in diapers too. Not that I have three, but at the rate we're going that will be me. What are we thinking?

Lexie & Sharrid said...

That is so funny about being locked outside the car! Poor Jonah. I probably would have lectured a lot too (like dad) but instead of Marce crying, he would have lectured back, yelled a lot of stuff that didn't really make sense, then I would have tried to calm him down which would be a complete failure...my, how kids are so different...

Heidi said...

That is great that she got into the program! It's an awesome program, they do a really good job with the kids I think. (Kylee went to it, she's in Kinder now and I tested Makenzie and she started right when she turned 3). Is Jonah in Kindergarten next year or does he have another year? Mak has been in the morning class this year and I put in for afternoon next year.. What teacher do they have? I'm kinda sad cause I don't think Zadi is going to qualify.. It's been so great for my girls.

Vicki said...

Hope you can make it to July with her. Just don't ever mention school again until the day before! Sorry you are finding out that you are like your dad in that way...there are worse things, believe me. (I mean in life, not with your dad) Wow, that didn't come out right...

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain with the whole locked in the car situation. Matthew's done that. I also lecture too much and a little to vehemently...I really need to stop!

BallerinaBiker said...

How exciting Eden got in the pre-school program! And nice both Jonah and Eden will be able to ride the bus together! I know exactly what you mean about having 3 kids in diapers, but, believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Elise will be in 2nd grade, Andrew in Kindergarten and Matthew in pre-school. I will have 2 mornings of complete alone time while Matthew is gone. It's almost surreal. And although I am just a tiny bit excited to have them all in school, I'm sad too. I'm already beginning to miss those really hard and wild baby years. Kids just grow up too darn fast!

Oh, and I've been there, done that with the banging on the window. I swear it happens at least once a month and the kids think it's so funny!

{leah} said...

Sorry about the bird... I remember how much you dislike them... and I've been locked out of the car too. I think the worse thing is that they are having such a great time.