When it comes to music, I have some guilty pleasures. I don't listen to them all of the time, but I still like them and am a little embarrassed to admit it. One of my sisters says that she doesn't have any guilty pleasures- she just likes what she likes and isn't ashamed. That's pretty cool, but I'm not quite there yet.
I do listen to hip music (well, I think it's hip), but people might be surprised to find certain artists on my iPod. I seriously enjoy all types of music. I feel like I am pretty open to almost all genres.
I don't know why I feel the need to confess these guilty pleasures; I guess I've just been thinking about music lately. Or maybe I need to get a few things off my chest so I won't feel so embarrassed if I get caught.
First of all, I bought David Archuleta's song, Crush. I had not heard him sing at all before I heard this song. I chose to boycott American Idol last season, just because I was sick of it taking up so much of my life- 5 or 6 months, 2 times a week really adds up. And I still like and bought the kid's song. It's very pop-ish, but he has a good voice, and it is kind of catchy...
Second, I like Metallica. I know most of you can't picture me jamming out to Metallica; I can't even really picture it! But yes, I got their new album, and although I haven't listened to the whole thing, I really like it so far. I mean, these guys have been rocking for how long? They have an Unforgiven III on the album, and it's quite good.
Third, I like Nelly. Not Nelly Furtado, but Nelly, the black rap/hip hop dude in the wife beater with the tattoos. Keep in mind, I don't like him; this guy is a major potty-mouth. But I like the cleaned up versions of his songs, even though they are hard to find. I think I can blame this one on my younger sisters.
I just felt like I needed to get that out there. I understand if some of you can't be my friends now. I actually listen to such a wide variety of stuff, that I don't listen to this stuff that often. Lately I have been listening to a lot of John Mayer, Death Cab, Coldplay, The Killers, and Carrie Underwood. So I'm not totally weird.
One more confession: I like the Spice Girls.
9 comments:
There is a great song that Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat recently did together! It is just a happy, feel good, kinda a sweet romantic song. It reminds me of the joy I have of being married to my wonderful hubby and best friend. It's on my blog on my playlist. Check it out. I think you'll like it.
And I have to agree with you on Metallica! I've always liked them.
haha! i like this post. funny. you're great.
Yeah, Camie- I know it- "Lucky." Such a great song.
hear ye! great post, I was thinking of doing this exact same thing on my blog when I recently did my music post, how funny huh! I LOVE the spice girls and Metallica, I just listened to the black album days ago. I recently bough some of The Cure, Muse, and George Michael's albums but have "guilty" stuff on my iPod too, like Nsync, and I love it thank you very much! ha ha Nelly is awesome Michaela and I both like him yeah but she always liked the dumb song he put out Airforce ones! ha ha
okay..if you can confess, I can confess too. I just made a copy of my favorite walking/workout songs to a CD and Spice Girls "Stop" is on there! I LOVE that song. It's a perfect walking song. I also have Brad Paisley's "The World" on there (it's the only song I run to) and my favorite cool down songs, Paul McCartney's "This is the Way it Should Be" and of course, Michael Buble's "You Don't Know Me."
Loved this! I secretly listen to those same artists - Metallica, Archuleta (I really like his new song - it's catchy), Nelly . . . in fact, Ben likes rap and I get in his truck and it's on so I continue to listen to it and groove in the truck going down the road. People must think I'm crazy. Both Ben and I like most all kinds of music. It's funny how in one minute we can have on classical and the next Coldplay or Aerosmith. And, I have one confession - I really want to go to the NKOTB concert!!! ; ) I know, I'm so bad!
Spice Girls are awesome....not so much individually, but together they have some great songs. I have them on my ipod too.
This is from your father:
Who dosen't like the Spice Girls?!...I love their music!
Too bad I don't have an i-pod to put them on. I get stuck on certain artist from time to time...lately U2 and Buffalo Springfield
You ain't alone, girl.
Post a Comment